Dates: Sunday, 2/12/2012 – Saturday, 2/18/2012
Ah… recovery week after a fantastic half marathon on Hilton Head Island… After a really awesome training week and a great half, I had to take the time to recover without loosing everything I worked for the previous month. That’s pretty tough to do – hope it works! Here’s what I did this week…
Total Running Mileage/Time/Pace:
- Total Miles: 13.88
- Total Time: 5:45:10
- Overall average pace for the week: 9:10
- Total running activities: 3
- Average Duration per activity: 42:27
- Tuesday: had a group run with a couple of guys from work for my first post-pikermi run – good, but I was slooowwwww… I needed to be, so I was the one begging to go slow this time 🙂
- Thursday: Tried another run, slower this time, after a day off – not much better. I was just flat out tired. This one was ugly, but I was happy I went.
- Friday: wanted to try for a longer run this weekend, but my one of my co-worker run buddies mentioned he’d be running 7, so I asked if I could tag along. I actually felt great the vast majority of the run – and afterward. We held the pace at around 9:15, which is hard for us to do (especially him – he’s much faster). I was super delighted!
Cross Training Activities:
- Monday: Spin for 1 hour
Days of rest:
- Sunday: no reason other than I was tired and I had the boys back so I thought I should spend the day with them
- Wednesday: sore from the run the day before so I thought I should get some rest
Goals for the upcoming week:
- Stretching/Rolling in advance of the half marathon
- At least one swim – ha! already done… more about that next week.
- Yoga/Core: at least one yoga session and some core work, including some planks for over 60 sec… let’s say 75, to put a number on it.
- At least 17 miles this week – work my way back to 25-30
Here’s to catching up for this week… hope you are having a great week training!