Dates: Sunday, 2/19/2012 – Saturday, 2/25/2012
Still on the road to recovery – feeling good, but don’t want to push too much and hurt myself… here are my stats for this week…
Total Running Mileage/Time/Pace:
- Total Miles: 10.80 – yeah, I know it is a little short of the 17mi goal I set… but, you’ll be proud of me… more xt this week!
- Total Time: 1:36:27 – just run time… the swim and spin are not included in this
- Overall average pace for the week: 8:55 – woo hoo! Broke 9 average pace again!!
- Total running activities: 3
- Average Duration per activity: 32:09 – yes… and I’m Ok with this.
- Tuesday: had a group run with a my work running buddies – I decided to go fast this run for a number of reasons, but mainly because I wanted to see if I could. I can. The overall average pace for this one was 8:25 – mostly on hills – and the last 1/2 mile of it was not just sub-8, but 7:21. I’m pretty sure that is the fastest I’ve ever held 800m in my life. I can’t wait to do that again.
- Thursday: I set up a run group with other folks – unfortunately, my regular run buddies weren’t able to make this run. I didn’t want to leave anybody behind or make anyone feel like they didn’t belong, so this one was a much more modest 9:20 average pace. I must say, though, those guys did great! I was impressed and looking forward to running with them again this week!
- Friday: planned and wanted to do 6, but Mother Nature had other ideas. A pretty massive storm system was plowing through the south east that day so my usual run buddy and I moved the run up and decided to cut it short to a 4-ish miler instead of 6. Irony has it, though, and the storm didn’t blow in for a few more hours. ah well.
Cross Training Activities:
- Sunday: Swim – 1600m at 58:32!! Fastest yet! I had to share a lane and I finally got to use my clicker so I think it is a combination of much shorter rests between than I thought (because the clicker is on my finger) and improving my form. I hope to get into the pool one more day this week to test this again.
- Saturday: Spin – 1 hour, estimated distance about 22.5 miles (pedal counts). It was an endurance ride, which are usually pretty boring, but I found it interesting that I had the opposite problem from the last time I was in there – I had a hard time getting my heart rate up into the right zone for at least the first 20 minutes of the class. Once I was there, I had to work harder than I thought I should to keep it in just zone 3. I felt fine the whole class and did eventually break a sweat (and crossed into zone 4 a couple of times), but getting there took a lot longer than it used to. I guess I should be happy with that…
Days of rest:
- Monday: No reason other than poor time management on my part
- Wednesday: my boys see going to the gym as a privilege and, well, one of them acted out multiple times for the same thing, sO I didn’t get to go to the gym. Maybe next week…
Goals for the upcoming week:
- Continue Stretching/rolling –
- At least one swim and one spin class – maybe a double up day.
- Core: I can feel my core starting to get weaker from not doing any work on it this week so I need to spend a couple of days on it this week, including some planks for over 60 sec… let’s say 75, to put a number on it.
- Mileage: ok, since I didn’t make it last week, let’s say 17 miles this week – work my way back to 25-30
Here’s to catching up for this week… hope you are having a great week training!